A select number Full Grants are available for full-time teachers with pre-K through 5th grade classrooms at Title I schools. Qualified applicants should demonstrate their commitment to practicing movement and mindfulness in a sustainable way at their school.
The current processing time for applicants who would like to be considered for a Full Grant is 3-5 weeks.
The Yoga Foster team reads and reviews every application individually (really!) and awards grants based on:
Need: We prioritize Title 1 public schools (must be in the US).
Program Design: Our training and programs are designed for teachers with pre-K through 5th grade classrooms.
Teacher: We ask that you spend at least an hour per week with students (primary teacher; ELL teacher; special education teacher; PE teacher).
Commitment: Your thoughtful application materials are why we come to work every day!
WHAT MAKES A GREAT APPLICATION?
A strong full grant application...
– Demonstrates buy-in for implementation from administration
– Includes scheduled times of day to integrate movement and mindfulness
– Shows interest from more than one educator in the school
– Shows desires to participate in the training, use the curriculum, and make good use of physical resources
– Demonstrates financial need
– Includes plans for a school-wide implementation